- 04-Apr-2017 to 03-May-2017 (CST)
- Amarillo, TX, USA
- Based on knowledge and Experience
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Paid Holidays (10), Paid Time Off, 401k
Founded in 1988, Texas-based Merrick PetCare, Inc. is a leader in natural and organic pet food. With a mission to create the most nutritious and wholesome food, Merrick families take better care of their pets by cooking up nutritious real whole foods for pets. All foods are made using only the freshest ingredients grown by local farmers. The company offers a wide variety of dry and wet foods, as well as treats, that are available nationally at independent pet specialty stores, Petco, and online via select retailers. In April 2012, Merrick Pet Care Inc. acquired Castor & Pollux and its ORGANIX, Natural Ultramix and Good Buddy food and treats for pets. These brands are available at PetSmart, natural grocery, and online via select retailers. For more information, visit http://www.merrrickpetcare.com or http://www.castorpolluxpet.com
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Hereford, Texas
Summary: Responsible for the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of manufacturing facilities, machinery and grounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Perform business management duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications.
- Fasten small metal or plastic boxes to walls to house electrical switches or outlets.
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects.
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance on facility machinery.
- Troubleshoot and repair facility machinery.
- Install facility machinery.
- Complete daily maintenance and repair logs.
- Maintain and secure work tools.
- Perform all maintenance activities following company's safety policies.
- Follow company's Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Maintain current driver license
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School or equivalent
- Electrician Certification helpful but not required
- 3-5 Years of related experience
- Must be able to think critically and problem solve
- Works under minimal supervision
- Moderate to Heavy physical effort (usually lifting/moving 50-100 pounds)
- Prolonged Standing
- Climbing Stairs, ladders and/or scaffolds
- Stooping, kneeling, bending, crawling and crouching
- Carrying, pushing and/or pulling
- Must work indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions
- Exposure to dusty conditions
- Exposure to noisy conditions
Merrick Pet Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer