- 04-Apr-2017 to 03-May-2017 (CST)
- Information Technology
- Amarillo, TX, USA
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD, Long Term Care, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, 401k
Founded in 1988, Texas-based Merrick PetCare, Inc. is a leader in natural and organic pet food. With a mission to create the most nutritious and wholesome food, Merrick families take better care of their pets by cooking up nutritious real whole foods for pets. All foods are made using only the freshest ingredients grown by local farmers. The company offers a wide variety of dry and wet foods, as well as treats, that are available nationally at independent pet specialty stores, Petco, and online via select retailers. In April 2012, Merrick Pet Care Inc. acquired Castor & Pollux and its ORGANIX, Natural Ultramix and Good Buddy food and treats for pets. These brands are available at PetSmart, natural grocery, and online via select retailers. For more information, visit http://www.merrrickpetcare.com or http://www.castorpolluxpet.com
- Competitive compensation package
- 401k matching program
- Comprehensive health benefits package
- Paid Time Off (PTO) plus company holiday schedule (10 days)
- Company computer. Tablet, home internet expense and cell phone for approved positions
- Education reimbursement program
- Pet Adoption Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Extensive on-the-job training
- Leadership and career development opportunities
The Program Developer will focus on Microsoft Dynamics AX. This position is responsible for the design and development of enhancements and customizations within Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 system. This position will partner with internal stakeholders to help drive growth and achieve business objectives.
- Design and develop enhancements, customizations including reports and interfaces within Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 system.
- Establish and maintain best practices for code development and deployment within the Dynamics AX environment following Microsoft Best Practices and company development controls.
- Design system enhancements and business process changes geared to drive best practices that improve efficiency of staff, accuracy of results, and usefulness of data.
- Collaborate and work in conjunction with outside vendors including our AX Partner in a shared development environment.
- Work with project managers, Business Intelligence, end users and Business Partners to create solutions that meet company's business needs.
- Work with Database Managers, Data Analysts and Project Management to support application issues, changes, and modifications.
- Problem resolution by giving hands-on support as needed and production support
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree on Computer Science or related field OR High School Degree (or equivalent G.E.D.) with 5+ years programming experience
- 3+ years of experience utilizing Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 OR comparable programming experience.
- Microsoft Dynamics AX certification preferred.
- Microsoft Dynamics AX Object Oriented programming experience utilizing: X++, C#, Visual Studio, .net or other object oriented programming.
- SQL Server 2008 and 2012 and Advanced SSR Report Development experience
- Solid knowledge of SDLC processes and IT best practices with experience in the Analysis, Design, and Coding of functionality and reports within the Microsoft technology stack.
- Results oriented work ethic
- Ability to understand and convey complex information
Key Functional Skills and Knowledge
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills written and oral
- Ability to gain a deep understanding of the category and marketplace
- Ability link information platforms to business needs and results
Merrick is an equal opportunity employer