- 02-Mar-2017 to 01-Apr-2017 (CST)
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Base + Commission
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, LTD, Long Term Care, Life, 401k, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
Position Title: Territory Manager National Accounts/PETCO
Position Reporting To: Director - National Accounts/PETCO
Territory: Chicago, Minneapolis, Iowa, Nebraska
Founded in 1988, Texas-based Merrick PetCare, Inc. is a leader in natural and organic pet food. With a mission to create the most nutritious and wholesome food, Merrick families take better care of their pets by cooking up nutritious real whole foods for pets. All foods are made using only the freshest ingredients grown by local farmers. The company offers a wide variety of dry and wet foods, as well as treats, that are available nationally at independent pet specialty stores, Petco, and online via select retailers. In April 2012, Merrick Pet Care Inc. acquired Castor & Pollux and its ORGANIX, Natural Ultramix and Good Buddy food and treats for pets. These brands are available at PetSmart, natural grocery, and online via select retailers. For more information, visit http://www.merrrickpetcare.com or http://www.castorpolluxpet.com
- Competitive compensation package
- 401k matching program
- Comprehensive health benefits package
- Paid Time Off (PTO) plus company holiday schedule (10 days)
- Company computer. Tablet, home internet expense and cell phone for approved positions
- Car allowance (sales associates)
- Education reimbursement program
- Pet Adoption Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Extensive on-the-job training
- Leadership and career development opportunities
Territory Sales Manager is a territory management position, which includes sales goal accountability within a set geographic area for the PETCO sales division.
- Meet assigned targets for sales volume and strategic objectives at PETCO
- Operate as lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to the stores assigned within the territory
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of solutions in field according to PETCO needs and objectives
- Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives at store level, district level and internally with Merrick team.
- Use internal Merrick reporting system to record and document store and district planning and execution.
- Perform business reviews with all PETCO District Managers within focus market area once per quarter.
- Train a minimum of 45 PETCO personnel a week on Merrick and Castor and Pollux products to create advocacy and increase sales.
- Execute planned group seminars monthly
- Plan and execute a minimum number of store calls per week at PETCO to be set by management team
- Plan and execute quarterly PETCO district meetings in all assigned PETCO districts
- Write, gain alignment and execute joint business plans in all focus market districts
- Maintain monthly calendar and expense budgets.
- Provide the Director with monthly market update in regards to Merrick status in focus markets as well as competitive data.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree with 1+ years sales experience OR High School Degree (or equivalent G.E.D.) with 5+ years sales experience
- Consumer Packaged Goods category experience preferred
- Outside sales experience preferred
- Ability to travel up to 80% of the time (including overnight travel and evening events)
Results oriented work ethic
- Self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity
- Ability to motivate a large and complex sales organization
Key Functional Skills and Knowledge
- Strong leadership, time management and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills written and oral
- Ability to gain a deep understanding of the category and marketplace
- Ability to properly manage promotional/expense budgets
Merrick is an equal opportunity employer