- 27-Feb-2017 to 28-Mar-2017 (CST)
- Hartford, CT, USA
- Base + Commission
- Full Time
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD, Long Term Care, 401k, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
Founded in 1988, Texas-based Merrick Pet Care, Inc. is a leader in natural and organic pet food. With a mission to create the most nutritious and wholesome food, Merrick families take better care of their pets by cooking up nutritious real whole foods for pets. All foods are made using only the freshest ingredients grown by local farmers. The company offers a wide variety of dry and wet foods, as well as treats, that are available nationally at independent pet specialty stores, Petco, and online via select retailers. In April 2012, Merrick Pet Care Inc. acquired Castor & Pollux and its ORGANIX, Natural Ultramix and Good Buddy food and treats for pets. These brands are available at PetSmart, natural grocery, and online via select retailers. For more information, visit http://www.merrrickpetcare.com or http://www.castorpolluxpet.com
· Competitive compensation package
· 401k matching program
· Comprehensive health benefits package
· Paid Time Off (PTO) plus company holiday schedule (10 days)
· Company computer. Tablet, home internet expense and cell phone for approved positions
· Car allowance (sales associates)
· Education reimbursement program
· Pet Adoption Program
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· Extensive on-the-job training
· Leadership and career development opportunities
This position will represent Merrick Pet Care while working in a complex and dynamic business environment. Primary responsibility of this position is to effectively promote company products through a fact-based selling approach working to achieve company sales targets. The position is responsible for the active Management of the assigned territory while emerged in a team environment as they collectively work towards achieving company sales goals
- Develop local business plan to increase market share by outlining tactics, activities and resources.
- Demonstrate through knowledge of pet products, competitor products and product objectives.
- Utilize customer-focused selling techniques, continually assessing the knowledge of the customer and strategy to maintain high-level customer focus and customer knowledge of products.
- Maintain current approved protocol and promotional materials to be in included in sales presentations.
- Execute the promotional sales plan while staying within trade spend budget.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of independent channel distribution.
- Actively seek and display knowledge of key customers in territory.
- Develop and deliver informative sales presentations based on customer needs.
- Develop creative sales strategies to reach "hard-to-see" owners/"hard-to-work" accounts.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of distribution channels.
- Present compelling and educational product trainings.
- Calling on head quarters for chain accounts
- Positively impact sales in territory.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor's Degree with 1+ years sales experience OR High School Degree (or equivalent G.E.D.) with 3+ years sales experience
· Consumer Packaged Goods category experience preferred
· Outside sales experience preferred
· Ability to travel up to 80% of the time (including overnight and some weekend travel)
· Results oriented work ethic
· Ability to understand and convey complex information
Key Functional Skills and Knowledge
· Strong leadership, time management and organizational skills
· Strong communication skills – written and oral
· Ability to gain a deep understanding of the category and marketplace
· Ability to properly manage promotional/expense budgets
· Strong Negotiation Skills